Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Mailbox

I'm a designer it's my nature 12.31.06
Ok so at this point it's a tad bit early to start worrying about if the mail carrier is going to have a tough time finding our house, or if we are going to get anything good in the mail, but I'm a designer so it's my nature to obsess about the details. Plus I want to put my mark on the design of the house and what better way than to design the first thing you see— the mailbox.

I'm pretty happy with it but I'll put it away for awhile until it's existence is closer at hand. I have a fabricator/engineer in mind for the metal, plexi and to get the appropriate light working. The top is intended to be oxidized metal the middle section is a frosted plexi that is back lit so that the stainless steel house numbers stand out clearly at night and the base is poured concrete.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? No Neutraface?

Jerry said...

nice work... the meth heads need to be slowed down a bit more from stealing mail. Maybe a drop chute?